Thursday, July 19, 2007

Week 5 - LibraryThing

I had heard of LibraryThing before, but had never used it. I was not that impressed because the internet connection was slow and all my books could not be added on the first try. Maybe if I would try this at home I would feel differently.
I added several Great Books for Teens that I am reading. Some were new so they didn't seem to have very many people connecting to them. If I had to guess, I would say adults use this service more than teens.
Personally, I keep a reading journal so this isn't useful to me. But, there are people who do not remember what the last book they read was so this could help them. I will recommend it for that.
I didn't understand what the Suggestion link did. It said loading but nothing appeared. And, I had a hard time finding books because I tried putting the author's last name first. It seemed to work better when I did first name and then last name. It is a new way for me to think.

I forgot to add my link in my earlier post, so without further ado, I give you my library:

1 comment:

JimD said...

I really like library thing but it's taking me a long time to record all the stuff I've read over the years (the many years!) Once I get that done, I'm curious what I'll find when I ask the system to show me other people's libraries with similar contents. Right now I mostly have book group books so that's the sort of thing I tend to get back.