Thursday, September 27, 2007

No. 19 - Web 2.0

I looked at Medstory which won a 2007 Web 2.0 Award for Health. Medstory includes articles from the Wall Street Journal and is a very user-friendly search engine. It helps you refine your search and asks you questions as you click different topics. It doesn't seem like it would bog users down with medical terminology like more sophisticated medical research databases. Their is a button for clincial trials and research articles, as well as links to databases like MedlinePlus for basic definitions. There are also other websites, which I assume would be selected because of their accuracy and credibility. At least that's what it looked like at first glance. While I think this would have limited use in a public library, I think it would be very useful for an academic/medical librarian or someone in the medical or nursing field. To be honest, I wish I knew about it when I was working on my final for Medical Bibliography.

No comments: