Thursday, September 27, 2007

No. 20 - YouTube

I love YouTube. You can find so many funny clips and videos. I looked for a few of my favorites like Star Wars Kid and Lazy Sunday, the SNL video. I settled on Lazy Sunday to write about because it talks about Google Maps and Yahoo Maps. They search for movie theaters using this feature on their cellphone. This is an aside, but I went to Magnolia, and was disappointed. I thought the frosting was way too sweet.
I have seen librarians do interesting things with YouTube. Joyce Valenza of Springfield Township HS has her students create videos that review the rules of using the library for younger students like those coming to high school for the first time. So were quite comical. It gets the kids involved. If you get a chance, you should check out Joyce's website.
The library could tape Verizon Helping Hands doing a Word class so a student could access the video at home and follow along. The possibilities are endless.

No comments: